The lighthouse at Cap Lévi was built facing the Biéroc reef and serves as a sea-mark during the day and allows vessels to navigate the coast at night. Its contemporary look dates from 1949. At 37m above sea level, it is visible from a distance of 40 kilometers. Its flashing red light, produced by a lamp of 1,500 watts, radiates a beam of light every five seconds.
It replaces an older, 29-meter, square lighthouse from the 19th century. Built mainly with granite from the Fermanville quarry, it was closer to the coast than the current lighthouse. Unfortunately, the Germans dynamited it in June 1944.
The navy used the semaphore up until a few years ago but it no longer serves a purpose.